Friday, December 11, 2009

Finally Finished!


It has taken 5 months, but my tie front cardigan with ruched sleeves is now finished!
The choice of using the new Waikiwi sock yarn instead of the 4ply cotton the base pattern was written for was a bit of a risk, but the swatch measured up & I plowed on.
It fits perfectly, the drape is stunning with just a hint of possum 'halo' to make it really special.

I am glad I have modified the sleeves, the original pattern (by Sian Brown) called for a plain bell sleeve, but I felt that the yarn deserved something funkier. The only devastating thing is since finishing the weather has been so warm I have no cause yet to wear it!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful! love the colour, but yes looks like this summer is going to be a scorcher - heres hoping we get a few cool evenings so that you can wear this soon

    ReplyDelete