Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mini Me


One of the best things about living in Hawkes Bay is that unlike every other region in the country who has their anniversary day holiday randomly tacked onto a weekend with no special significance, here in Hawkes Bay, we have ours added to the national Labour Day weekend, so 4 glorious days to kick start Spring & soak up some sunshine.

We escaped to my family home in Gisborne (more about that in a later blog), and one of things I did do whilst I was away was to play around with my Midori pattern even more.
Drum roll please... have added a 'Mini Me' to the Midori collection, called Mini Midori.

Honestly it took me 3 hours to knit & I can see me getting oodles of wear out of it. The colour I've chosen is called Death in a Chocolate Box, available from Skeinz, I am also going to knit another one using Peacock in the Paint box. It is light & easy to wear, perfect for Spring & Autumn. Enjoy!

PS If you are wondering about bust measurements etc, I have worked off the principle of how many stitches I would need using 10mm needles to fit over my substantial arse & the rest happened organically from there!

Mini Midori Tunic
Skeinz Super Chunky 500gm apx (largest Size)
Sizes: Sm, Med, Lg, XXL
Notions: 10mm & 15mm Needles
Fronts & back both alike.

On 10mm needles
Cast on 46 (48, 50,52) sts
Knit 6 rows
Change to 15mm Needles
Work 16 rows stocking stitch.
NR: K10 k2tog tbl, knit to last 12 sts k2tog, knit to end
Purl
Repeat last two rows16 (16, 20, 24) times

Neckband
Change to 10mm needles – cast on with backwards loop 7 (8,9,10) sts, knit across these sts & Knit to end then cast on 7 (8,9,10) sts (turn work, cast on sts using backwards loop)

Knit 7 rows
(RS) k2 k2tog (k4 k2tog) repeat sequence to last few sts, k to end
Knit 3 rows
Cast off
Make Up
Join two neckbands to form shoulder. Sew side seams until to have reach length desired for underarm.

Peacock in the Paintbox from Skeinz

3 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous Maree, this pattern is awesome, I can't wait to knit it for autumn (it will take me that long as I'm not as fast as you)! Thanks for sharing! I have no idea why it posts me as Isaac, it's Heather lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. My brother lives in Havelock North

    ReplyDelete