Monday, July 27, 2015

Not such a bitter pill.

The brilliant Ruth Pretty wearing her new Herb Garden gloves knitted by me
It's a little over a month until Knit August Nights kicks off, and I am staggered at how it seems to roll around faster every year.  I am really excited about this years event.  More people, new traders, amazing classes all and the new upgraded venue - what's not to get excited about.
It's been nice to knit from my Unwind/KAN stash - Zauberball from Vintage Purls

I have also been getting through a tremendous amount of knitting over recent weeks.  As the temperature plummeted in Napier, but knitting output has shot up.  I have also been tinkering with some hand dying as an experiment for work, it is so much fun!  If you haven't tried your own dying at home, you must, it's brilliant.  For me it's a little like "Coals to Newcastle", but I had a whale of a time, following a simple You Tube tutorial & letting my imagination run wild.  Check out my Yarn Kitchen Blog for full details of how I got on.

One of skeins dyed during my "Home Dye" experiemnt

I also upgraded my de-piller.  I found a larger version in Briscoes ($19 when not on special & lets face it they are always in Sale) and this gadget is my new favourite knit toy.  I have given all my woolies the once over & what a brilliant way to freshen up your wardrobe.  It is like getting a new garment all over again.

My new favorite battery operated device!
Pilling is a natural side effect of knitting with natural fibres and shouldn't be feared.  This simple gadget is so easy to use and quite soothing.  It was so fun that the boys all wanted to have a play and ended up de-pilling their own vests.

Pilled on the left and depilled on the right - I love this gadget!

No comments:

Post a Comment