Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ooh La La!

Would it be crass to give the tree tits?
This is my next installment from the tree cosy installation happening in Napier in August - it was great fun mixing up the weights of yarn, vibrant colours & switching between knitting & crochet.

Inspired by the Can Can dresses of Paris, I thought this will be a little bit of frivolity for the palm trees that grace the main street of a town where Art Deco is worshipped.  If you are interested in adopting a tree & becoming part of the installation email me at Skeinz.

Hugo looks quite fetching in the impromtu crochet tam.
Also whilst I have been fiddling around with a little Crochet, I bought a learn to crochet book to sharpen up my skills.  After a few whiskys on Friday night & some trashy TV, my crochet circle went from being a furniture cover, to a bag, to a hat!  Not a bad result & a thoroughly entertaining journey!


1 comment:

  1. too sweet! I am trying to make a cloche, in crochet, and it is not pulling in...sigh

    ReplyDelete