Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Marvellous Mitts

Louis showing off his new Tricera-Milo-Tops

I have been using these cooler Southern hemisphere nights to get Louis last Milo completed, dubbed Tricera-Milo-tops, it is a fun Milo using self striping Regia sock yarn, designed by Kaffe Fassett. Being a lighter weight yarn (6ply), I am hoping this Milo will see Louis well & truly in to the Spring. With this, the last Milo in the Boys' collection completed it is time for me to move onto my next obsession...
I was naughty a month or so ago & bought at the Interweave knits sale Knitted Little Luxuries by Louisa Harding. I already have one of her books & find her patterns simple, stylish, with just a hint of quirkiness I really like. The book was so coveted when it arrived I had to order two more copies for my cousin Letitia & knit club member Ruby. Teesh being Teesh commandeered my copy until the replacement arrived & instantly fell in love with the fingerless mitts. I too have succumbed to this mitten fever. More complex than my simple gauntlets, but such a joy to knit!

Mitts version one - gifted to Mary at work.

The first prototype were caught out by the errata (later discovered on Ravelry) that you do in fact need two balls of yarn, not the one prescribed. Also, as I have hobbit hands, I have had to make some adjustments in needle size, so now pair number two fit me perfectly.

Version Two - A Perfect Fit

Of course every self respecting gal has to have other accessories to match & I had enough Sublime Merino Silk Cashmere left to make a Twisted Knit-lace, the new obsessive scraps project de jour, easy to knit & QUICK!


My New Knit-Lace - Designed by Kerrie Allman

I just need to shake these obsessions long enough to pull finger & get my UFO (the Fern Shell) started in May completed before I lose all the cool days to wear & enjoy it. Well maybe just one more pair of Mitts, I do have two balls of Midnight Blue 'Me' Cashmere in the stash, it would be rude not too right?

No comments:

Post a Comment