Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Knitting by the Pool


Whilst I love all the hubbub of the festive season, also like the renewed mental freshness the new year brings. I have an optimism that all the tasks I set will be no problem & am motivated to get stuck in making things happen. Since returning from Gisborne I got stuck into my blanket, even taking it to my cousins to sit & knit whilst the kids escape the 30+ degree heat. I have had plenty of comments about the blanket, especially from those who want the pattern. I have adapted the Log Cabin blanket from Mason Dixon knitting, instructions can be found here on their blog, I have chosen to do mine in stocking stitch as I plan to have a backing sewn to it, however the garter stitch version on their site is a great reversible, multi purpose blanket. Well worth a look.


The most exciting thing though to happen this week was the first 'unofficial' meeting of the Hawkes Bay Knitters, formed via Ravelry. A small group of us have been knattering & we have finally got things organised to get together. In typical fashion this hardy bunch couldn't wait for the first official meeting, taking place next week, so we had a sneaky trial run over coffee yesterday. There is nothing better for the motivation than getting together with other knitters. We are all now fizzing for the next 'official' meeting & are even looking at doing some evening meetings over an intoxicating beverage or too (yipee!).

No comments:

Post a Comment