Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Pass it Forward


The Green Jacket was knitted for Hugo (Top) & is now on it's 3rd pass, whilst the pants were knitted for Naomi & are on their 2nd, still plenty of wear yet!

The MacBuscke clan went to a birthday party for Miss Naomi. A friends baby who turned one. A babe to whom I have knitted a number of garments & passed down many of Hugo & Louis baby knits to. I have a policy when I pass my hand knit on, love them, use them & then when you have finished with them, pass them forward to the next babe you know who would need, love & cherish them.

At Miss Naomi's party was a freshly minted wee man who pretty much snoozed through the entire proceedings. I commented to mum at how beautiful he was & she she then pulled down the coverings to reveal the delicious young chap. What I saw made me beam, as I fondled the sleeve of his jacket. "I just love hand knitted garments" said Mum "I've been lucky, Jill (Naomi's Mum) handed these down, she has a friend who knits"

The game was up, I was thrilled to meet Suzanne & let her know I was in fact the originator of these garments & found out she had a good number of pieces that had started on my needles. It was nice to let her know about the yarns I had used & for me to see how well they had worn. Especially the green Cashmere Merino jacket, still as soft and fresh as the day they came off the needles. The best part is, when her wee chap has out grown them, they will then find a new home to be loved all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment